Getting to Kingston / RMCC
For Those Flying in to Kingston:
- ▬ Taxi cost from airport to downtown hotel is approximately $40 CDN
For Those Flying in to Toronto and Travelling by Train:
- ▬ From Pearson Airport, take the Union-Pearson (UP Express), (https://www.upexpress.com) for about $12 CDN
- ▬ From Union Station, then transfer to a Via Rail train to Kingston (www.viarail.ca)
- ▬ Roundtrip is about $150. You can also purchase your UP Express ticket combined with your ViaRail ticket by selecting the departure point as Toronto-Pearson Airport. You'll need to purchase a ViaRail ticket in advance online (don't wait until you're in Toronto to purchase the ticket as many of these trains are quite full). ViaRail typically has discounted fairs every Tuesday so be sure to purchase your ticket on a Tuesday.
- ▬ Once at the Kingston Via Rail station, a taxi ride to a downtown hotel is about $25 CDN
For Those Flying to Toronto Pearson Airport and Renting a Car:
- ▬ Toronto is a major airport and offers many different car rental agencies. After renting a car in Toronto, take Highway 401-EAST. This is a major highway and through Toronto has 6-8 lanes of traffic. Avoid the collector lanes and instead stay in one of the further-left lanes. Once through Toronto, the highway reduces to 2 lanes of traffic in each direction. Stay on this highway for approximately 2.5 hours (depending on traffic congestion through Toronto). Take Exit 617 for Division Street in Kingston which will then lead you into the downtown core where many hotels are located.